Hard to believe it is already day #22! And it is also hard for people to believe I am eating what I eat without expecting to die an early death due to heart disease. I get it. It is hard to believe it is safe to eat eggs, bacon, red meat..etc. after all these years of nutritionists, and doctors demonizing it. I am finding one of biggest areas of concern for people is dietary cholesterol. Understandable…considering Dr.’s love to dish out statin drugs like candy. So on that note, here is a good presentation by Chris Kresser on the truth behind cholesterol. If you are having any concerns PLEASE take the time to check it out. Right Now. Yep. Click, one, two, or three of these links. In this presentation he covers these important issues:
- debunk the myth that eating saturated fat and cholesterol causes heart disease.
- explain why LDL and total cholesterol are not useful markers for heart disease.
- present three markers that are useful markers for heart disease.
- demonstrate that low-fat, high carb diets promote – rather than protect against – heart disease.
- show you how eating saturated fat and cholesterol can prevent heart attacks
- tell you how to order a test that more accurately predicts your risk of heart disease
Enough with the health preaching and onto the food…where I belong.
I am not afraid of eggs…or their yolks. Or bacon.
CrossFit usually leads to a salad for dinner. It makes me a bit food lazy…but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t delicious. 🙂
What are your thoughts on dietary cholesterol?