6-8 corn or flour tortillas
3- 4 medium zucchini
4 TBS olive or canola oil
1 TBS cumin
1-2 tsp. Chili powder
1 red onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 green bell pepper
1 bunch of cilantro
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
3 green onions
1. Slice red onion and mince garlic and set aside in a small bowl.
2. Quarter the zucchini and dice the bell pepper. Place in a bowl and add 1TBS of oil, cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste. Stir coating all of the vegetables with the marinade. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat 2 TBS. of oil in a saucepan. When hot, add onions and garlic. Stir until translucent, season with salt and pepper then turn down heat and cover stirring occasionally.
4. In the meantime, drain garbanzo beans and place in separate bowl. Chop Cilantro, slice green onions and add to garbanzo beans along with the lemon juice. (You may season with a little salt and pepper depending on your preference or if the beans were stored in a can with added salt.) Toss well.
5. Heat remaining 1 TBS. of oil in a pan and sauté zuchinni and bell pepper until tender.
To serve: Warm tortillas over stove then add zucchini mixture and garbanzo bean mixture. Top with caramelized onions.
May be garnished with Cheese, salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
I usually make my own flour tortillas. Perhaps you would like the recipe for that too? 🙂 stay tuned I will be giving a lesson on how to make your own flour tortillas. It is really simple and you won’t have to digest all those additives and partially hydrogenated oils. Stay tuned for the Homemade Tortilla Lesson!
Perhaps you are wondering which Food Rules from Michael Pollan’s Food Rules An Eaters Manual this recipe follows..well here are a few.
Eat Your Colors
Eat only foods that will eventually rot
Avoid Food products that no ordinary human would keep in the pantry.
Don’t eat anything your great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.
I will stop at five! Happy Cooking!